Vantaan Kilpatanssijat ry, Vakita, is an active dance sports club located in Vantaa and is a member of the Finnish Dance Sport Federation. Vakita turned 32 years in 2019 so we are a very experienced and well-established club providing high-quality services for ballroom and social dancers around the whole Helsinki metropolitan area.
Vakita has received a Star Club (Tähtiseura) recognition from the Finnish Olympic Committee showing that we do great work in paying special attention to supporting children and youth in their dancing hobby.
We specialize in latin and standard ballroom dancing. With us you can also improve your social dancing skills in our Lavatanssit group. We teach students at all levels in all possible age groups – everybody is welcome to join Vakita!
We have our own practice studio in Martinlaakso Vantaa, very easy to access with public transport. We also arrange some courses outside our dance studio as well as provide other locations in Vantaa for practicing purposes on a weekly basis.
We have a weekly schedule of classes at different levels during the autumn and spring seasons. In addition to that, we have several slots for free practicing in our studio as well as “hosted” practice sessions. We also frequently arrange additional group lessons and camps hosted by guest teachers. Our dance studio’s weekly timetable can be found online (in Finnish).
Our teachers, either Vakita’s own or from outside the club, are all well trained, with long experience in dance sports and enthusiasm to help you learn!
Vakita also arranges dance sports competitions on a regular basis – next September 2019 we will host a national latin & standard Grand Prix competition in Vantaa.
Dance courses (Fall 2019)
Youth and adults
– Ballroom basics for youth and adults on Sundays
– Ballroom E-D level group for youth and adults on Wednesdays
– Groups for latin dancers competing in levels C-A (even weeks Thursdays)
– Groups for standard dancers competing in levels C-A (uneven weeks Thursdays)
Juvenile and junior groups
– “Pörriäiset” group for small children at the age of 4 to 6 on Wednesdays
– Ballroom basics for juvenile on Sunday afternoons
– Ballroom group for competing juvenile and junior dancers on Mondays and Wednesdays
Social dancing and solo dancing
– Social dancing group on Sundays
– “Kehonhuolto” session preparing your body for dancing
Prices of courses and membership fee
– You need to pay the Vakita membership fee in order to enroll to our courses:
* Juvenile and youth under 16 years 30 € / person / whole year -> 15 € / person when joining in Autumn
* Adults 65 € / person / whole year -> 32,5 € when joining in Autumn
– Prices per course per season vary between 80 – 120 €, ask for more details!
– You can also practise at our studio paying a one-time fee 6 € / person / day or by buying a 10 times practise card, no membership required
Location and contact details
– If you have any questions in English, please contact Veikko Lamminsalo (email@example.com / 040 554 1916) or Sanna Kakko (firstname.lastname@example.org / 040 587 5661
– Русскоязычное контактное лицо, Юлия Кескимяки 044 508 8881 или email@example.com / If you have any questions in Russian, please contact Julia Keskimäki (044 508 8881 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Vakita home page: https://www.vakita.fi/wordpress/
– Vakita is in Facebook with the name Vakita ry: https://www.facebook.com/VantaanKilpatanssijat/
– Vakita dance studio address: Kivivuorenkuja 3, 01620 Vantaa
– More information on ballroom dancing from the Finnish Dance Sport Federation’s site (in Finnish): https://www.dancesport.fi/
Ballroom dancing in short
– A total of 10 ballroom dances: latin dances are samba, cha-cha,
rumba, paso doble and jive, standard dances are waltz, tango, viennese
waltz, foxtrot and quickstep
– Several age groups starting from Juvenile all the way to Senior 4 group with the 60 years age limit.
– Different skill levels in ballroom dancing, starting from E all the way to A.
* One usually starts with basics and after “graduating” through a test called F review you may enter E level competitions and start earning your points towards the following levels
* At level E you have the repertoire of 6 dances, two more are added at level D and you will master all 10 dances from level C onwards.
* Later on in your career you can also decide if you wish to specialize in latin or standard dances only